Thursday, March 01, 2012

Farm Shop




Last Sunday two of my good friends and I went to this amazing farm shop, which is half an hour walk from the center of our little town. I have never been before but heard great things about it - and rightly so. It felt like a completely different world, very rural and sturdy: a place where the hardest work still yields the highest gain, where people drink full fat milk because they do not believe skimmed milk is as good for you, where quality is more important than quantity. It could not have been more opposite to what I am used to as a city girl, but I loved it. I loved the atmosphere. And I loved all the wonderful products they sell: Well picked but such variety, if possible locally produced and the highest standards of quality - so different from the local supermarket. I bought some smoked salt flakes, which was one of the main reasons why I wanted to go in first place.

We had lunch there, too. I ordered a salad and a scone with clotted cream and jam. Little did I know that I was going to have one of the biggest meals since Christmas two years ago. The salad was delicious and came with a roll the size of half a loaf of bread. The scone, too, was of abnormal dimensions - it was impossible to finish, yet so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment